Basic Pistol / Defensive Handgun Course
Prerequisite Class(s): None -This is a entry level course
All students must show photo ID at time of sign-in.
Upon completion of this course you will have a fundamental understanding of the defensive use of the handgun. among the many skills you acquire will be the ability to safely and easily present your weapon from the holster and fire two, sighted shots to the center of a target 5 yards away - all in less than 2.5 seconds! This course more than satisfies gun handling and marksmanship criteria for a Concealed Weapons Permit.
Classroom Topics covered: Firearms Safety, Familiarization with practical application exercises and Marksmanship Fundamentals.
Firing Range Drills Include: Loading and Unloading; Grip, Stance, Sight Picture, Sight Alignment, and Trigger Control; Presentation from Ready Position and the Holster; Target Engagement from 3 yards to 12 yards under Time Pressure; Malfunction Clearing; Speed and Tactical Reloading and much more.
Cost: $70.00 Student provided weapon and ammo
Cost: $140.00 Instructor provided weapon and ammo
(Glock 17, Gen 4 9mm with ball ammo and retention holster for weapon)
Firearm, Equipment and Ammo Requirements:
* The weapon must be fully functional, have all factory-installed safety devises intact, and have no dangerous modifications (such as a "hair" triggers less than 4 pounds, removed trigger guard, etc.)
* "Pocket Pistols" are not allowed due to their very small size and difficulty of use.
* Holsters must be on the belt, correctly fit the weapon, completely cover the trigger guard, remain open when the weapon is removed, not allow the weapon to cover the shooter's body, and not have a trigger guard retention device. No thigh rigs, cross-draw, etc.
* Hearing protection is mandatory and is available at numerous retailers.
* Sturdy belt, hat with brim, wrap around impact resistant eye protection, loose pants, comfortable shoes or boots. NO! Flip-flops or shorts!
*200 rounds of factory ammunition is required, NO reloads.
1. 16 to 17 years old can take the course unaccompanied. (Parent or guardian must be on site, in the range area at all times that the child is participating.)
2. Minimum age is 15 if taking the course with a parent or guardian. The parent MUST have taken this exact course before, work with the child during the entire course, and be responsible for only ONE child.
3. Children age 14 and under are not allowed in this course.
4. Unattended minors are NOT allowed on the property. They must be escorted by a parent or guardian at all times or be enrolled in an appropriate course.
Due to the specialized nature of the class, size is limited to 6 students per class, which provides a more focused shooting experience and also more one on one interaction to get you shooting more confident and accurate
Please join us at our next event!
Basic Pistol / Defensive Handgun training class
Date: Call for availablity and scheduling
Time: 07:30 AM - 4:30 PM
809 Wagon Ford Rd.
Pink Hill NC,28572